We are delighted to welcome Dr. Andreas Søeborg Kirkedal to NLP at ITU! Dr. Kirkedal will be collaborating, and working as a lecturer.
I am interested in speech recognition and related NLP tasks such as language modelling, intent classification, dialogue modelling and NLU.
I am an external lecturer at the IT university of Copenhagen, in the NLP research group where I will give lectures on automatic speech technology and a mini-project on language modelling. I am also a Sr. speech research scientist at Interactions LLC where I create ASR models for a variety of uses and research transfer learning and multilingual ASR.
- Independent researcher, consultant and CEO at Seacastle
- Chief Science Officer, Corti ApS
- Postdoctoral researcher in ASR, University of Copenhagen
- Industrial PhD researcher, Mirsk Digital ApS
- Scientific Assistant, Danish Centre for Applied Speech Technology and Centre for Research in Translation Technology at Copenhagen Business School
- Student Researcher, Machine Translation group at German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence, Saarbrücken, Germany
- PhD in Automatic Speech Recognition
- Erasmus Mundus Master programme in Language, Communication and Technology:
- M.Sc. Language Science and Technology from Universität des Saarlandes in Saarbrücken
- M.Sc. Cognitive Science and Applications from Université de Lorraine in Nancy
- BA.ling.merc in English and communication from Copenhagen Business School
The result for my PhD thesis work and basis for a lot of the work and research that came after. To my knowledge, it is still the only public ASR system for Danish complete with data and training recipe (not up to date with the latest developments of Kaldi).
I helped a Swedish master student port the code to support the Swedish portion of the Språkbank corpus: